Welcome to the Central Penn Business Group on Health Choosing Wisely resource site
Created in partnership with Consumers Reports and their Choosing Wisely campaign, this resource is designed to provide you with a single resource for materials to educate your workforce about healthcare. Giving your workforce the resources they need is critical to helping them make the best decisions they can about the care they use.
To support this program, Consumer Reports created educational brochures and videos that identify hundreds of tests, treatments and procedures to avoid. The Central Penn Business Group on Health believes access to these valuable tools syncs well with our mission to promote continuous improvement in the quality and cost of healthcare for our member companies, their employees, and dependents.
From this website, you can access guides to getting better, safer, more cost-effective care. These guides, in PDF format, are free for you to read, download or print for your company, individual and/or family use. Most reports also are available in Spanish or plain English versions.
Employers have an important role to play in healthcare, since 75 percent of employees use their employer as a primary resource for medical and health information. The Central Penn Business Group on Health encourages you to use these resources and share this important information with your co-workers and colleagues.
- Prescription Painkillers: 5 Surprising Facts
- Best Drugs for Less
- Managing Multiple Medicines
- Medication Formularies
- Reading Labels
- Side Effects
- Splitting Pills
- Starting a New Drug
- Taking Your Medication as Directed
- Antipsychotics for Depression
- Antiplatelet Drugs
- Sleeping Pills for Insomnia
Caregiving and Healthy Aging
- Consejos para los cuidadores
- Cuidados al fin de la vida para pacientes con cáncer avanzado
- Como tener los cuidados adecuados para mantenerse saludable conforme envejece
- 5 pruebas de salud y vacunas que la mayoría de las personas debería tener conforme envejecen
- Dispositivos cardiacos implantados al final de la vida
- Cuidados Paliativos
- Pruebas y tratamientos para infecciones de la vías urinarias (UTI) en personas mayores