The Consumer Reports Health Ratings Center, directed by Doris Peter, aims to create, promote and publish independent evaluations of health-care products and service.
Through Consumer Reports magazine and ConsumerReports.org, the Ratings Center presently publishes:
- Best Buy Drugs ratings on prescription medications for more than 35 medical conditions
- Ratings of more than 3,000 U.S. hospitals
- Ratings of more than 300 groups of heart surgeons
- Ratings of nine common heart-disease screening tests
- Rankings of health insurance plans, from the National Committee for Quality Assurance